I finished the knitting for CPH. But the journey is far from over. Yes, it’s very far. Because I still have the dreaded task of seaming. Here’s a picture of the pieces.
Scary isn’t it. Fortunately the back and front pieces are already joined at the shoulders. The hood was made by picking up stitches along the back and the fronts. So basically, I have the sleeves and the front to back seams to do. It doesn’t seem like much finishing but to a knitter who hates sewing like I hate exercising, it is a problem child. My goal is to get myself to seam this bad boy by tomorrow.
Even scarier is the amount of yarn I have left over.
I was scared s*&%less that I wouldn’t have enough yarn. It looks like it’s a lot more in the picture than it really is. It’s not like I could get another skein of this yarn. I vulturized it from a LYS that closed back in Oct. Good luck finding another in the same dye lot if I didn’t have enough…
So… here are the stats on this project.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in a burnt orange color. 5 skeins… with a tiny bit left over.
Pattern: Central Park Hoodie, originally published by Knitscene. I purchased the pattern from Knitting Daily.
My take on it: I loved this pattern. It was simple and the cables weren’t too complicated. The yarn is a lovely color and soooo soft. Matt doesn’t agree with me and he says that it itched his head when I put it on him just to see if the hood looked right. The only thing I didn’t love was that there is seaming involved. I wish I was smart enough or motivated enough to figure out how to knit the body in one piece. No mods were made mainly because I’m a stick to the pattern kinda gal. I bought some buttons to sew on and I tried to take a pic but they came out blurry. Hopefully you’ll get to see the finished piece with the buttons on tomorrow.
I met a new knitting buddy on Ravelry named Margaret. She and I have met on the last 2 Thursday nights and have had a ball knitting. She’s a sock fiend who inspired me to start knitting Retro Rib Socks.
I’m using some Jawoll in gray that I picked up at Common Threads. So far it’s pretty easy. The rib pattern requires some thinking so it’s not exactly mindless for me. I will persevere and make sure that this sock has a match within a reasonable amount of time. I’m the queen of second sock syndrome unfortunately. Well… I hope to post a FO pic tomorrow. Or at least one that’s blocking. Then I’ll get to use my Christmas present!