Time for the traditional list of resolutions. I figured if I put it up in my blog, I can track how I do. Here goes:
- Eat healthier. For those of you who know me, I like to eat fried foods. Like french fries in ranch dressing. Fried cheese sticks. Fried zucchini. Pretty much anything with breading and ranch dressing is a winner in my book. I am going to attempt to eat my fav foods once a week and then maybe once a month. Sweets I can take or leave but fat I have to have. Other than that I do love fruit and veggies so I just have to eat more of them.
- Exercise more. I used to exercise a lot, lifting weights and doing yoga. I have been a couch potato for about 3-4 years and it’s starting to show. I will work out 4 times a week. At least 2 of those workouts will be with weights. I know #1 and #2 will keep me from having a stroke or heart attack which I’m deathly afraid of after working on a tele unit. My family history of skinny type 2 diabetics is not helping me so I can use all the help I can get. My motivation is that 30 minutes of working out on my days off will give me knitting time. LOL… I wonder how long that’s going to last.
- Plan my wedding. So far, I don’t have a date, location, dress, guest list, registry. I am starting from scratch people! And I have a fiance who is itching to get married this year. I looked at http://www.brides.com and have bought wedding magazines and the to do lists are absolutely overwhelming. We’re thinking destination wedding in Hawaii would be easiest and fun. Almost like going to Vegas but without the trashy Brittany Spears feel.
- Yarn diet. I mean it this time. My stash is by no means a LYS but it’s big enough that Matt wants to sell it on ebay. He’s opening an ebay seller’s account right now so I’m a little nervous about my stash.
- Knit one project at a time. I am the queen of multiple wips that get lost in the shuffle. I still have a baby blanket that needs the edging. Ugh… But I’m excusing that one since it’s not earmarked for anyone.
- Be better about my money. I think everyone can do little things to help their financial situation. I currently am saddled by a student loan that is about $18k and I have a couple of other loans that I’m paying off right now, that stupid alexandrite ring and my laser hair removal. My car loan has finally been paid off this year. Yeah!!! My goal is to track my spending and eat out less. That will help me with goal #1 and #2. Also, stop buying pattern books. I need to stop looking at Amazon and elann. Those two sites say, “I’m such a great deal”. And of course, I start spending.
- Knit some patterns that I bought off the internet. And I’ve bought a whole bunch. Ariann, Tree Jacket, Hopeful (Which I bought many years ago. It’s not even available anymore), Giselle, Glee. Just to name a few. I tend to accumulate paid for patterns. I guess it would be different if I knit them up but right now, it makes me feel bad with regards to #6.
- Read more. This goes with #6 as well. One of my favorite things to do is to go to Borders and spend the afternoon drinking tea and reading magazines. The problem is, I also buy books that I have every intention of reading but never do. Maybe I’ll do a book review once a month or so on the ole blog.
Ok… I think that’s a hefty list. If it gets any bigger, I might not get anything done. LOL….