A nurse who knits…

March 13, 2007

Progress…

Filed under: Knitting — yarnnut @ 7:55 pm

it’s a beautiful thing. I have about 3 more inches of stockinette stitch to go on my Marilyn’s Not So Shrunken Sweater. I’ve been knitting this project like a fiend since last Saturday. What happened you ask? I met a very prolific knitter named Susan on Saturday. She makes incredible progress on sweaters and her goal is to do a sweater a month. She was working on two sweaters the day I met her and she has finished them. Check them out on her blog. Of course, having company while you knit makes the process more fun for me anyway and I managed to get done with that Prism Stuff shawl that I’m working on for my mom. No pictures of anything yet. I’m having trouble accessing the internets at home… For those who know me, you’ll know why. I’m at Panera. They have free wireless here and I had a coupon for $1 off a Pick Two combo. Yeah!!! Free internet and a deal are always good.

I have resolved to work on one project at a time. Which means I’m tied up for a while. I still have my SO’s Ribbed Cardigan from the Summer 2006 IK, the Lucky Wrap, Raspberry Socks ( I think I”ll bring these to work and knit them on my breaks). OMG… is that it. I might be able to start another project in a month!!!

I read an interesting post on Knitters Review for those who read it. Someone posted about the 80/20 rule. How 80% of your time is spent doing something and the other 20% is spent doing it. I think that’s true about pretty much anything in my life. I spend many hours researching my knitting hobby. I scour the internet looking for yarn, patterns, reading about others progress, etc. I spend what seems like a minute amount of time actually knitting. Same thing with exercise. I spend lots of time thinking that it will be good for me to do it, what exercise I would like to do, and how to motivate myself. I spend maybe an hour a week actually getting my butt off the couch. It’s a good thing that I have an active job otherwise I’d get no walking in. LOL. I even bought a new toy to motivate me. I got a Nike IPOD chip. You plug this little guy into your IPOD nano and it tracks your distance, calories, time, and whatever else. You can upload it to the Nike website and track your progress. You can even program songs to be in your power list to motivate you to go a little farther. I got it last week. And you got it, I used it ZERO times so far. My excuse is that I don’t have a workout holder to put my IPOD on my arm while I’m running. I have a holder but it doesn’t allow for the little chip which sticks out about 1 inch. My mission today after I check my email and surf the web, it to get one of those. LOL. Maybe I can report back that I used it tomorrow.

My other idea to motivate myself to get off my duff is to do the 3 day walk for the Susan G Komen foundation. Now, that’s a worthy cause but you have to raise something like $2000. And if you don’t, you have to ante up yourself. Now I don’t know if I can get that much in donations. I’m not a strong sales person. I know the cause will get donations itself but I’m still scared as I have thousands of dollars of student loan debt from nursing school. If I didn’t have the debt, I’d probably donate the $2K myself.

Well, maybe the internet will work tomorrow and I’ll get some progress pics up for you to see…

Advertisements

1 Comment »

  1. It’s not a lot, but I could kick in $20 toward the walk if you’d like. It’s a great cause and a great activity to take on.

    Cheers!

    Sarah-Hope
    http://www.whatifknits.com

    Comment by sarah-hope — March 14, 2007 @ 7:51 pm | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s