I hope everyone had a great holiday with their loved ones. I worked on Christmas so I spent that with my patients. I felt so bad for them. It sucks to be in the hospital on a holiday. I worked 3 days in a row last week which was hard but I was rewarded with 8 days off. Yeah!!! Matt came home on Dec 27 after spending 3 weeks in Japan for work and 3 days in MN with his family. We spent the rest of the week just hanging out. On New Years, we had another couple over and had dinner with them and our roommate. That day, Matt was driving himself crazy looking for the new version of Monopoly. I guess this version has credit cards instead of cash but none of the stores we went to had it. Must have been a hit for Christmas. The recipient of the baby sweater I was making was over on NYE and I broke down and showed it to her. It’s finished except it needs buttons and the ends woven in. She likes it. I’m off to the LYS in a bit to find the perfect buttons and weave in the ends. Pictures will follow when it is 100% complete.
Of course, since this is my first post of the year, I have to include something about resolutions. I don’t have too many since I never keep them them anyway.
- Exercise: I don’t want to have a heart attack or stroke. I need to get at least 30 minutes in per day. I easily get that at work but when I’m at home, I’m lazy. To help me with this, I’m going to walk in the mornings and use my Yoga Booty Ballet (yes, I fell for the infomercial) and Pilates videos since I hate weight training.
- Pay off my student loan/credit card debt. I have about $20K in student loans. I want to be done with it in 2 years. Yikes….
- Clean the house more. This comes from being lazy on my days off. I’m just soooo tired.
- Cut out the junk. This includes food and junk I buy from the store.
- Use my time wisely. Especially at work.
So… that’s it. Mostly about keeping healthy and sane. I see other people’s resolutions like meeting a SO, getting an education, buying a car, being nicer to people… As I have gotten older, I’ve become much more satisfied about my life. I have a SO I love to death and have 2 degrees.
As for knitting, since I’m done with my mom’s scarf, the baby sweater, and another pair of socks, I am knittng Ariann from http://www.chicknits.com. Lovely pattern. I’m just starting it and love it already. I’m knitting it with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece which is one of my favorite yarns. Hopefully, it will hold it’s shape well.
I’m off to accomplish one of my resolutions. Working out with Yoga Booty Ballet.